Monday, September 8, 2008

Fun at the Fair

We heard the Fair was in town and since we had never been before, we thought it would be a fun Family Night activity. Taylor was just excited to see all the pigs!!! It was quite the adventure for us novice fair people. Wow...there was a lot to look at...I think I was more entertained by the variety of people who attended the fair than the actual rides and exhibits...but luckily the girls really enjoyed all the animals and rides.

I have to admit the farmer in me (my Dad grew up on a dairy farm and we lived only 5 miles away until I was a teenager...so I have a soft spot some of this country stuff!) really enjoyed looking at the diary cows. It brought back fun memories of being a kid and spending time with Grandpa Harris at the dairy. The girls enjoyed the cows, sheep, goats and pigs...even though the pigs really did stink!!

We even topped off the entire experience with a "healthy" fair snack...a bucket of french fries (I would've gone for a snow cone but fries were the only "healthy fair food" my kids would eat).


2 comments:

The Wes Gordon Family said...

Utah State Fair, now I grew up in that stinky weird environment...


The weird people, The gangs, the treats everywhere.

Fun times, your memories are from farming, mine are from Carnivals... However I am not fond or sentimental towards those events.

mamasylvia said...

What a fun idea. I'm sure the girls loved it!