Sunday, February 8, 2009

Brooklyn Goes Pee Pee on the Potty!!



I have been postponing putting up this post because I am afraid that once I do...I will be jinxing myself! But, after about two weeks of not really believing it...I think that Brooklyn is POTTY TRAINED!!! (for you non-mom's out there--the all caps might seem a little over the top, but trust me--this is exciting news in the world of Mom's!)

I started asking Brooklyn if she wanted to go to pee pee on the potty. She showed an interest and pretty much was potty trained. At 2 1/2 yrs. old...Taylor was almost 3 1/2! We went to the store and let her pick out some cute "big girl underwear" and we made sure to sing our families little potty song each time she went. It was so easy! She even stays dry during naps and all night long! (A feat her older sister is still trying to master!) It might help that we rewarded her with a piece of chocolate after using the bathroom...but it really just seemed like the icing on the cake more than the motivating force. I have to admit, my favorite part is how stinkin' cute she looks in her little underwear! I love it!

I am still not 100% convinced, can it really take months and months using multiple methods with one child and then have it come so quickly and naturally for the other? I guess they are right when they say that when they are ready...they are ready! We are just celebrating the fact that I don't have to buy or use diapers for the first time in like 5 years! YEAH!!!Showing off her potty treats...Hershey's Kisses!

6 comments:

k8shoe said...

You are SO lucky (well, I'm sure some skill was used too....don't want to discount that) that she's potty-trained before the baby gets here! Yay!

Rohatinsky Family said...

Man, I can't believe she is potty trained. I was just thinking about your girls last night and how Taylor will be 5 and Brooklyn will be 3!!! It has happened so fast.
Also, Justin painting your girls toe nails is probably the cutest thing I have ever heard in my life and then arranging a pedicure for you! How sweet!! You're one lucky woman!!! Happy B-day!!

Stephanie said...

Yay, Brooklyn! You deserve lots of kisses!

Erin Goff said...

Oh, don't get used to the no diaper thing, but enjoy it while you can. YEA, for potties!

mamasylvia said...

YAY Brooklyn! Growing up so fast it's hard to believe - and, I agree ... she sure is cute in her new underwear;-) Especially looking as proud as she does.

Brynn said...

That is so huge! I am already to train Neve at 19 monhts. It so isn't going to happen though. I can't wait for the no diaper stage. Congratulations! Enjoy all three months of the diaper free world. BTW what is the gender of the baby?