Monday, April 20, 2009

She's Here....Paityn Nicole Rohatinsky


Our sweet Baby Paityn arrived on Monday, April 20th at 12:32 PM. She weighed 7 lbs 11 oz & was 19 in'' long. Such a beautiful little baby! We are so happy to have her here with us and the girls just adore her (sometimes a little too much).

Here are some photos...what most people are interested in and for those who really want to read my journal entry on the entire story scroll to the end.

First Moments:



Only a few minutes old and sucking her thumb!


The Happy Family:




Baby Paityn:



The Details:
So even though we all thought our little girl would come on her own a week or so earlier...she didn't...so I was scheduled to be induced on Monday, April 20th. We went in around 6:30 AM and they finally got everything set up and started the pitocin around 7:30 or 8:00 AM. I thought that since Brooklyn had come so quickly, that once they started the pitocin I would have the new baby in about an hour or so...I was wrong! (I guess it takes a little while for the pitocin to get things going). Around 9:00 Dr. Berry came in and broke my water. Then I was just waiting for the contractions to get strong enough before I got an epidural.
They started getting more and more intense and painful and I began wondering if I had become more of a wimp over the past 3 years since Brooklyn was born, because they were pretty painful, but I wasn't really very dilated! So I finally had the nurse check me and I was dilated to about a 3 1/2 and we ordered the epidural. Not long after I got the epidural (which by the way is wonderful...I've done it with and with out pain meds...and limiting pain is the way to go!) I was dilated to a 4 and so the nurse called for my doctor because I had told her I usually go pretty quick once I hit a 4. So while she is calling the doctor and getting some things prepared I totally feel all this pressure and ask her to check real quick because I could feel the baby coming. Sure enough, little Paityn's head was there. The nurse called out into the hall, "We're having a baby in here!" and a few other nurses ran into help. I think I maybe had to push once, but Paityn basically just came out on her own! No doctors made it in time and Paityn was just on the bed...I looked and there she was! I had gone from a 4 to total delivery in 11 minutes! Only about 30 minutes after I had received the epidural.
Paityn made one little cry and then just went quiet. I was a little worried and the nurses took her and just started working on her. She was fine but didn't make a sound again until she got her heel poked like 45 minutes to an hour later! It was rather surreal and calm even though things had gone quickly and a little unexpected with no doctors present.
Justin's mom brought over the girls to see the new baby. They were SO excited!!! Unfortunately, Paityn couldn't keep her temperature up and so the nurses had to take her and get her warm before the girls were able to hold her. They were so anxious to just hold that cute little baby. But, she finally returned and the girls were so cute with her. Taylor loves every minute of having a little baby and wants to hold her, touch her and kiss her constantly. Brooklyn is happy to have Paityn and will hold her for a minute every now and again, but she seemed somewhat indifferent about the entire situation.
Thanks to all our friends and family who came to visit and called! We felt so loved! We are so excited to have Paityn in our family! She is such a beautiful little girl and we can't get enough of holding her. I love little babies! Welcome to our family Paityn!

3 comments:

Mandee said...

Kim! She's such a pretty baby, and congrats on such a great delivery! ELEVEN minutes- amazing!

I can't wait to see her in real life! Congrats again!

k8shoe said...

That is so awesome that the delivery was so quick....yay! Congrats! She's so tiny and cute!

John-n-Mel said...

Wow incredible delivery story. 11 min? I can't believe she didn't cry? My kids just scream, obviously better out than in for them. you look beautiful! as always! Good luck!