After asking around we heard that there was some great snorkeling & cliff jumping at Black Rock. It was about a mile or so (maybe not...but it seemed about that far!!) down the beach from our resort. So we walked down to check it out and rent some equipment for the week. We were excited to see how the girls would enjoy snorkeling and to try out our new underwater camera.
It was SO much fun! We were lucky on our first day of snorkeling to see a few huge Sea Turtles swimming right by us. Justin got so close that he even touched one. They are amazing creatures and even though they are cute, I have to admit I was a little nervous to see the size of them that up close and how fast they can swim in the water! Justin was able to get some amazing pictures of them. Unfortunately, we didn't take many pictures of the fish we saw. But it was such a fun activity.
Taylor was seriously a little professional. She would take turns going out with Justin and I and we were swimming out and around the edge pretty far. Guess those swim lessons paid off! Brooklyn wasn't quite as excited about the process. She would go out with us and wait for us to tell her to look down when we saw something exciting. But, she never really got the entire breathing through the equipment idea. It is a little scary...but she still had fun. It was funny because I would see a fish that I thought was so cool and I'd tell Brooklyn, she would put her mask & face in the water, pop right back up and say, "Yep, I saw it" with much emotion involved. So funny...you would've thought she swam in the ocean WITH the fish on a regular basis. :)
This is my favorite picture of the turtle! Isn't it huge?? Justin did a great job getting some close pictures. The turtle was so big and powerful when it swam...it scared me a little bit to be in his path when he was swimming. :)
Justin
Kim & Taylor
Justin got so close to the turtle that he could reach out and touch it!
Snorkeling Taylor
No comments:
Post a Comment