(Warning: this might be a little emotional for some family members. I hope this doesn't bother or offend anyone...I was just thinking about Larkie...and wanted to write down some of my feelings.)
Wow...I can't believe that it has been ten years. I was putting my daughter to bed tonight and we were talking about heaven and how our families can be together forever. After she was in bed, I started thinking of my aunt Lark. I love her so much! It was ten years ago on July 11th that she left this earthly life to return to our Heavenly Father. I last saw her on the 4th of July 1998 at Grandma & Grandpa Harris' house for the family pictures (how inspired were they?) and the annual Harris family party. I remember kickin' it with her at the party talking (and mostly laughing) about guys and the rest of my life. I remember her teasing me and smacking my butt...she used to always do that when she would tease me.
I was fortunate enough to life close to Lark almost my entire childhood/adolescent life. I remember thinking of Lark as one of my best friends as opposed to an older adult. I babysat her kids early on and even remember the night before Darci was born. Aubriona was born on my 8th birthday...it might seem silly, but I believe it is a special bond that we will always share. I feel like I lived at Lark & Dave's home in the summers when I was a tween and until I moved to Florida. I practically did--because I would babysit while Lark & Dave went to work, then hang-out with my friends who all lived by Lark & Dave in the evening. Since my mom watched Bri, Jake & Darci during the school year, Lark would drop them off at our house and pick me up for school. If I remember right, she was my ride to school for all of my 8th & 9th grade years! These experiences provided many opportunities for me to talk with Lark. She knew more about my life and feelings than my parents and some of my good friends. I remember caller her when I needed to talk. It was so fun! She was such a good example to me and always made me laugh. She was the one who would always liven up a room. She was always the life of a party!
I can't tell you how blessed I have been to have her be a part of my life. She provided me so much comfort, love and acceptance. I can't even begin to imagine how her passing has affected her kids, Dave, her parents or siblings...but I know how much it affects me. I think of her often. I miss her a lot and wish that she could have been to some of the big events in my life. But, I am even more blessed to have learned so much from her incredible example. My thoughts of her inspire me to be a better person and to strive to enjoy life more. I will forever be grateful for her influence on my life. I look forward to being with her again one day...it will be a amazing! Love you Lark!
1 comment:
Wow! I loved reading this. I didn't know that you were able to physically spend so much time with her growing up. What a blessing. She was always such a joy to be around at family gatherings for me and therefore her death was difficult as well. We all love her so dearly! I love that you still remember her and especially 10 years later! Won't it be a fun party when we are all reunited again! Thanks for sharing! It was wel worth the read.
Post a Comment