Then, every family gets a turn for anyone to do a "talent" if they want to. Ever since our novice piano playing wasn't so "cute" anymore and since my oldest brother, Chad, a constant entertainer, moved to Georgia...Our family has pretty much been MIA when it comes to the talent portion. Until this year!!! Taylor saved us all! She decided that she wanted to sing two of her favorite songs, Called to Serve and I am a Child of God. Not only did she take the pressure off of the rest of us...she did an excellent job. I was SO proud of her! There were probably close to 75 people all around her and she just smiled and sang. (Brooklyn on the other hand...decided she just wanted to watch!)

After talents, we all sing Christmas songs. My late aunt Karen loved this part and always got us all enthusiastically involved. I always think of her especially when we are singing...we still try our best...but I think we have a little more practicing before she looks down on us and thinks we are singing up to our potential! We sing until Grandpa Harris, who has usually been pacing upstairs, comes to the stairs and excitedly starts us singing, "Here Comes Santa Clause"! The funny part about the song is that we realized if Santa hasn't made it downstairs by the end of the first verse...none of us really know the rest! So we just hum the tune until the chorus that we all know well! :)
The girls were REALLY excited to see Santa and tell him what they wanted for Christmas...Barbie and the Diamond Castle. Taylor even made Santa an adorable card where she drew a picture of Santa and wrote Merry Christmas on the front. She also lived up to her word and actually happily and willing sat on Santa's lap! I know it sounds silly...but I really was SO proud of her this night. She usually has a hard time around so many relatives and kind-of ignores most of them. But she was so open, friendly and loving to everyone! I loved it and it made me realize that I don't always give her the credit she deserves!
Sitting on Santa's lap:
(OK...I think belonged to someone else)
I LOVE this picture!!
2 comments:
What a wonderfully special picture of Taylor with her great-grandma. Such a treasure!
What a fun tradition. Taylor is so cute! Get her on Star Search (or whatever they do now). I love that she dares sing in front of people. So adorable!
Post a Comment