The Tooth Fairy visited our house a little earlier than we were expecting and caught us all a little by surprise! While eating her lunch the other day, Taylor started crying. I asked if she had bit her tongue and came over to comfort her. She said that her tooth hurt. I looked in her mouth and sure enough...she had a loose tooth! I thought do kids really start losing their teeth when they are 4 years old?
So, what's a mom to do? I got online and discovered this entire world of "Tooth Fairy" ideas. I wanted to make it a special and fun event...since it is a first for our family...so we decided to go to the craft store and make a special tooth pillow. (This also gave us a little bit of a distraction and time to make sure that the tooth was really going to come out!) Taylor and I had fun making the tooth pillow and by the next day we really couldn't wait any longer to pull it out. It was literally leaning up against her other tooth! We made Daddy do the dirty work of pulling out the tooth...and he did a great job...no pain!
Before...
wait for some money to be replace the tooth!
Taylor got right in her PJ's that night and had her tooth pillow right in place under her own pillow...guess what!!!! The Tooth Fairy came! Not only did she leave some money, she also left an official certificate saying it was a good clean tooth that she collected and left some magic "fairy dust" on the pillow and dresser to prove that she had come!
6 comments:
What a cute idea:-) Wish I had been that creative with my kids - I'm sure they do too;) Oh, and ... waayyy cute pictures!
You are such a good mom! Way to do the Tooth Fairy with pizazz!
Love the Fairy Dust! I just might have to do that! Well hallie is 5 and she has almost lost 3 teeth...I was a little surprised too! Maybe its because these two little girls have the tiniest teeth ive ever seen! Christians tooth that I saved was like double the size of Hallies:)
I can't believe she already lost a tooth. That seems like such a big kid thing, doesn't it? She looks so mature in those pictures too- it's hard to believe that she can really almost be 5. Sledding looks like tons of fun too. Cold, but fun! We need to do a video call soon. Josh and I were just saying how we haven't talked to you guys in forever. Logan is getting so big already. Have you found any baby names that strike your fancy? Again...we need to talk...so many things to catch up on! This weekend?
What a fun mom you are. I have followed your blog from Shyloh's blog on A Page 4 All Seasons. I was wondering if you could tell me where you got the pattern from for the pillow or if you still have it, if I could get a copy of this. I have a 5 year old girl who is about to lose her tooth and would love to surprise here with one of these.
Thanks so much.
melanie Schipaanboord
I am completely inspired..... an the Mom of the Year award goes to Kim! I can't wait for my children's teeth to start falling out now. Maybe if I start making the pillow now, I will be able to finish it by the time Dane looses his first tooth in a few years! ;)
Post a Comment