
Today was
Paityn's blessing day. It turned out to be such a fun day. Justin gave her a beautiful blessing in our ward here in Highland and "officially" gave her the name
Paityn Nicole
Rohatinsky. Events like this always remind me of how blessed I am to have a worthy priesthood holder as my husband. I think I really take that for granted sometimes. He did such a wonderful job and is a great example and father.
Paityn didn't cry either! (Jared was on
binkie patrol...and I think was a little nervous about it!)
We wanted to wait until August to bless Paityn so that Justin's little brother, Jared, who was getting home from his mission in July could be here. Ironically, we failed to take into account all the family that lives locally, who were unable to make it. So, it was a smaller group than is usual for our families, but we were so grateful to all those who could be apart of this special event in our lives. Both sets of grandparents were there, Tiffiny & Steve, Heather, Tasha & boys, Jared, and Josh & Jena were also in town! We also had some good friends who were able to come.
Paityn and the Harris Sisters! :)

Grandma & Grandpa Harris

Look at that cute bum...and
bummies!

My adorable Grandpa Dodge &
Paityn (her Great-Grandpa).

It was a busy day! I had cousins on both sides of my family also blessing
their babies...so the great grandparents were busy! I was so happy and blessed that my wonderful Grandpa Dodge was able to come over to the house to visit. It was the first time my sweet Grandma Dodge has missed (on earth--her presence was there) one of the big important events in my life. So it really meant a lot to me that Grandpa could come. Especially because little
Paityn will always remind me of my Grandma Dodge because she inherited the Danish traits from her.

Exhausted from being the center of attention!
After the blessing we all came over to our house for a yummy brunch! Our sweet friends own an amazing restaurant and came over and made us their famous Cinnamon/Carmel French Toast!!! It was the hit of the day!!! I can't believe I didn't get a picture of the spread...french toast, fresh fruit, orange juice and milk...but believe me it was amazing. Thank you!! Thank you--Shandrew!!!
I didn't get pictures of everyone...so please send me some if you have some! What a slacker I was in that department. I was just busy holding my baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment