Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Say Goodbye to the Baby Mullet

I finally broke down and gave Brooklyn her first haircut! I prolonged this event for some time for various reasons such as:

  1. I wanted to take her to a cute place like "Cookie Cutters" for her first haircut, but thought they might laugh at me because there really wasn't enough hair to really qualify as a "cut" more of a snip or trim. Plus, I couldn't justify the cost of paying someone else to "snip" the few hairs that needed it along with the cute picture they provide...when I could do both for free!
  2. It's just baby hair and the rest will grow soon and catch up, right?!
  3. It's hard to cut off that first piece of long hair that curls at the end...(you Mom's out there know what I'm talking about).

But, the real reason for the wait was that my girls take like 3 years to actually grow an entire head of hair!! I'm not kidding...it takes my girls forever to grow hair. So to voluntarily cut it after all of the time/months it took to grow is pathetically difficult for me. However, I must admit that it looks so much better. Little Brooklyn is really starting to grow up and look like a little girl now. (Not sure how I feel about that!) Love this little girl!

3 comments:

k8shoe said...

Cute hair cut big girl!

Rohatinsky Family said...

I really can't believe how big she is getting. It's wierd to think that when I came into the family that's about as big as Taylor was! They grow so fast.

Julie told me that I can find out what I'm having at 15 weeks. What have you heard about that? If so, I'm all for it! If that's the case we'd totally have time to make a quilt.

It looks like we'll be coming on the 6th of May! We can't wait to see you guys.

Emily said...

That's funny. I never noticed the mullet before, but gotta say - it looks so cute now.