Today I was going about my normal daily activities and I went upstairs to the girls room to put something away. This is what I saw:
I was caught off-guard and stood at the door to "have a moment"(a good one).
Taylor has totally cleaned the entire room, made the beds, folded her pink blankets and placed them on the bed then put her cute teddy bear on top of them.
This was my thought process: Wow...Look how cute that she folded the blankets and put the teddy bear on top!...I didn't even have to ask her to do any of this!(Yeah--there is hope!)...my little girl is growing up! It was just the other day that I was rocking her and singing to her, going on long walks (no other kids then!) with her in the stroller, playing peek-a-boo and feeding her sweet potatoes from a jar! Time has really flown and for some weird reason, standing at the entry of her room it all came rushing at me. How quickly the last five years have gone. How much I take for granted and how I really need to still relish in all the little moments of the present time like I did when she was a baby.
1 comment:
Great job Taylor!! And you're right ... they grow up so quickly -every time we blink. Enjoy them all that you can while you still have them around.
Post a Comment