Sunday, August 17, 2008

This is what happens when Mommy sleeps in...

I will be the first to admit that I have loved this summer!! I had kids that would sleep in, which meant I got to sleep in. We got to go swimming all the time, lunches with friends and neighbors, playing in the park, and all that good stuff.

But, one night I must have stayed up way to late watching the Olympics, because it was later than usual when I finally rolled out of bed. Taylor was still asleep and I quickly turned on the monitor to check on Brooklyn. She was content and just playing in her bed. Feeling guilty and wondering how long Brooklyn had been entertaining herself in her crib, I quickly ran upstairs to get her. This is was I found:









(Yes, that is Brooklyn with her jammies off, diaper off, and a little wet spot on the sheets! When she saw me she just pointed to the wet spot and said, Ought Oh...sorry Mommy!). I just had to laugh and go get the camera.

Moral of the story: Mom needs a bedtime too!

2 comments:

Mandolin said...

Yes, maybe so, but if a wet spot is the only reprocussion of sleeping in and taking care of yourself once in a while then I say go for it. Washing machines can fix a lot and sleep is not replaceable as a mother.

Natalie said...

Nice... be grateful that it was just a wet diaper and not a dirty one! Every mom needs to sleep in once in a while~

Your kids are so cute, I am glad you've updated your blog!